Day 16: Actively meditate.
Experience then move on.
I sat silently in the middle of the couch in an empty living room in a vacant house. The blinds to our front window were pulled up revealing one of the prettiest views of the setting golden sun against a snow-capped mountain with a clear blue sky for a backdrop.
It looked as beautiful as it sounds. Just when it seemed as though this painting was perfect, the moon crested the mountains and I couldn’t believe the sheer size and whiteness of it. Was it full? I glanced at the clock to see what time it was. 7:42PM on the most magnificently stunning, noiseless evening in over two years for me.
There was no television. There was no music. There were no stimuli.
Previously in the day, my mind drifted upon an earlier friend from a different time in my life. I was looking through my email searching for a specific letter I once sent and I stumbled upon another email thread with this friend.
My heart ached all over again as I re-faced some of the experiences we shared. Nostalgia has a way of romanticizing the past and I dove emotionally into an area I probably would have been better off not reliving.
So when I sat gaping towards the purple mountained majesty which was my front yard this evening, I decided to meditate. One full hour. Come what may.
In stillness, I watched the sun’s light wan as the moon’s light waxed. The sky went from a visible light blue to a heavy dark blue bowing in modesty before the fierce pose the fire white moon struck.
Another evening ushered in. Another chapter.
I am waiting right now for the response to something big. Something which will greatly impact my quality of life for the next little while.
Once I see this through, like the day, I am ready for another chapter.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
A Transcendental Hour
Posted by Biz at 11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment