Thursday, March 25, 2010

Now I'm Feeling It Even More

Day 13: Don’t give up on your goal… I mean, goals… I mean, dreams.

This is a double edged task as I’m waning in my desire to stick out thirty days. I will stick out thirty days. However, the ironic life parallel is not lost on me.

My favorite “getting skinnier everyday” Gopher Tortoise talked with me last night until 1 o’clock her time which is a big deal for a mom of four. I know she loves me. Amidst all of the giggling and messing around, she gave me one of the best little pep talks I’ve had in awhile.

Whilst discussing how we could help out someone who was in a rough situation, she frankly declared we couldn’t. What followed was a stream of thoughts about people having their agency and how so much of what is going on in our lives at any given time has much to do with our choices.

The best part of this philosophy is this. You have a lot more control over your life than you may realize.

She continued talking about obtaining her little slice of heaven here on earth, elaborating on the choices she makes to get her what she wants.

While listening to her speak, it kind of hit me. The question isn’t IF you can have a slice of heaven here on earth. The answer to that is not only yes but it’s what you’re here for. The question is WHAT are you doing to get your slice of heaven here on earth?

Everyone has aspirations. The romantics call them dreams. The logical call them goals. Still the objective is the same. In the end you’re looking for your little slice of heaven here on earth. I’ve been writing about mine for fourteen days now.

So make a choice today which will bring you closer to your heaven. And by all means, don’t give up on those dreams.

0 comments: