Day 14: Unburden yourself from the unnecessary.
A plate can only hold so much. If you need to add something to it, remember to clear something from it.
This week, I had a few unpreventable scenarios come up which added to my plate. It is so easy for me to feel overwhelmed to the point of paralysis.
However today, I actively refused to be paralyzed by my load and actively unloaded some burdens. I did it in the form of bills.
I am fortunate to sufficiently have enough money for my needs. I’m lucky to say I can pay all my bills every month in totality. Yet, do I?
I have no excuses. There are times I slothfully dream of an assistant to look after the details of my life. I could tell you I’m so busy but exhaustion seems more accurate and also more defining of my indolent behavior.
Let me clear up a matter. I pay my bills. Rent. Car. Insurance. Utilities.
It’s the non-routine bills I struggle with. The two unpaid parking tickets. Why not just pay them? Because I want to fight the one. A car occupying three-fourths white curb and a quarter red should not be ticketed, right? Etc…
Today, I seated myself in front of my computer and minimized every work occupied window. I dug into my handbag for my wallet and pulled out my bank card. These bills would be paid in full and off of my mind, today.
I carefully brought up the websites to allow my payment, entered in passwords, and supplied billing information. When completed, I reviewed my 401K and increased my deposited amount. I phoned my broker and discussed my options for current and future investments.
Still most importantly, I devised a new found budget and implemented it immediately. I allotted a weekly amount to myself, went to the bank, withdrew the cash and am allowing myself to spend only that which I have allocated. IE. Until the cash is gone.
Perhaps there is no un-burdening which employs happiness more than financial freedom.
Happy as a clam from my spring cleaning, I booked a trip to Hawaii in the beginning of May for my friend and me. I get it. I'm ridiculous. Still, soon I'll be bronze and ridiculous.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Doing Some Dishes
Posted by Biz at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment