Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm Just Saying: Oscar Edition

No need to rehash how the Oscars have been lackluster the past few years with comparison to what they once were. Sure they have taken a step forward but I’m expecting so much more from both the Academy and the production company if they intend to keep my viewership.

However, I present my top 5 moments of the evening.

5. “Telling a great story, entertaining the audience, that’s what’s gonna win you an Oscar.” John Lasseter The best words uttered of the evening came from this director’s mouth. Academy, take note.

I don’t care about your political statements, your behind the scenes politicking (how is Al Gore in the Academy), or your desire to culture me by making me relive life’s cruel and unfortunate dealing of cards in a graphically gratuitous manner.

Keep your blood, abuse, and emotional monstrosities to an artistic depiction rather than a blatant display of brutality under the guise of “authenticity.”

4. Jeff Bridges is sexy. I don’t know why. I don’t make the rules to attraction. I’m not saying he’s so good looking (however his wife is a doll.) But he is sexy. In the immortal words of she who must not be named, “I’m just saying.”

3. John Hughes practically raised me. Oh I feel saddened for this generation of tweener movies. It was never supposed to be Disney pushing Selena Gomez, and the likes in your face. Oh how I wish you were familiar with a directing god in the form of Mr. Hughes.

B/C of him, I thought: I wanted to name my first daughter Sloane, Jake Ryan was about as hot as you could get, I wanted hair like Watts, and “I’m gonna give you to the count of ten, before I pump your guts full of lead.”

2. My real heroes are Kate Winslet, Merryl Streep, and Sandra Bullock. Britney Spears, Vanessa Hudgens, and dare I say it, Kristen Stewart (gasp!) take note. I reject your ridiculousness.

1. All girls just want to be a princess. I am no exception. Ergo, the dresses. I watch for the colorful rainbow of evening gowns paraded before me in a sparkling cocktail of hair, make-up, and jewelry to be entertained as much as the awards which follow.

4 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Love this post! =) Love you!

Mary said...

And they already lost me on the show aspect but I'll always turn up for the red carpet to make my critiques.

Gina Spidel said...

I love your heros too!!
Who can NOT love that Sandra said that Meryl was the best kisser!!!
I love when the people I love, love each other!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.