Day 8: Lunch with friends.
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it’s the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him...” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
A dear friend joined me early in the morning and sat by my side watching VH1’s top 20 countdown. This is how I know she loves me. Not because she dislikes the show rather I know she’d prefer to do anything else in the world then watch TV on a Saturday morning.
When the number one video had aired, it was time to formulate some plans. A gal should get out of the house every day, period. Whether she has four kids or is a single as a dollar bill.
While driving to the mall, I received a text requesting a lunch date. Lunch was on the docket with the friend whose presence I was currently partaking in but alas we prioritized the episode and included another.
After being distributed our menus in California Pizza Kitchen, happiness was easily secured as a good game of “Marry, Screw, or Kill” quickly ensued. (Don’t know what it is? Easy. Matt Damon, George Clooney, Brad Pitt. Get it now? You can judge all you’d like but I love the game and laugh easily when playing it.)
Still the best part of the lunch was the dreamy dark haired, fiercely blue eyed boy sitting diagonally adjacent to me.
I spent the better part of 45 minutes locking eyes with him, looking away from him, and simply lusting after him. I feel happy that after nearly a month, I WANT to look at another man like that. (In the vein of all girl lunches being giddy, I frankly declared to my companions, “I want to have sex with him.” Oh, who cares?)
So it was easy to write a note thanking him for being eye candy to have our server deliver to him.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Breaking Bread
Posted by Biz at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I tried to start this rousing game on Friday with some friends at the park. Just wasn't the same. Definitely marry Matt Damon.
Post a Comment