Sunday, May 24, 2009

Remove the Veil

Few times in my life can compare to the frustration with this wicked case of writer’s block I’ve been experiencing of late.

I’m a record keeper. I’ve been a consistent writer in many forums ranging from notepads of thoughts, theories, & essays to journals and the more public blogosphere.

Is it because I have nothing to write about? Absolutely not.

Is it because I’ve become busy and am now overwhelmed with the sheer volume of things I want to write about? Absolutely.

Is it because my lack of consistent writing has made me rusty and thereby insecure? Absolutely.

Is it because I’ve taken to other creative outlets (to remain unnamed at this time)? Absolutely.

Then what happens?

It’s a lazy Sunday evening and as I sit by the opened window anticipating my holiday tomorrow, the drumming rain upon these side streets creates the most soothing ambiance and a gal finds herself with a robust case of homesickness.

And where there is a charged emotion, there is a girl wanting to write… saddened at the fact she’s so overwhelmed she can’t.

3 comments:

Mary said...

It's not homesickness you have but Mary sickness. Don't worry I think every person who knows me has experienced it when not in my presence.

Cyndi said...

Are you fully recovered from the flu? That had to be scary to be that sick!! Sorry you're so homesick. I always think of the Anstin's on Memorial Day and want to go to their house for a picnic!

Cyndi said...

that was supposed to say ANSTINE's