Friday, August 17, 2007

Show Me Around

It’s into the early hours of the morning and I should be sleeping. A foolish decision I’ll more than regret once my alarm clock sounds tomorrow to arouse me for work. But for now, I’ve got a little music going on iTunes and my mind determined I needed to take pleasure in the evening as the warm summer nights complete with their breezes are now on the decline... both in number and temperatures. It’s a beautiful 81 degrees.

I finished showering. The night air always feels cooler on damp skin. I phoned a dear friend. Sporadic checkups are good for all of us and he seems to consume quite a bit of my thoughts these days. While conversing, I peered out my front window to see the “Y” on the mountain completely lit in white lights for the returning students… and maybe some of the new ones as well. It welcomes them back and though my sentiments couldn’t be more opposite, I more than appreciate the ambiance it brings.

As I sit here, I’m less concerned to write some epiphanal life conclusion and merely content to enjoy whatever life is for me in this moment. Good.

0 comments: