It’s not lost on me that while I sit here trudging through the technical writings of anthropologists trying to educate me on the foundational theories driving the field of anthropology, I’m bored out of my mind.
Then, here in the library where I sit among at least fifty of my peers, in walks a male, mid-twenties, quintessentially tall, dark, and handsome. I want him to take the computer spot next to me but he doesn’t. I look over and see it is occupied though its owner has abandoned it, likely in pursuit of some “real” book on the shelves.
I allow my eyes to discretely follow him as he finds an open workstation. I watch as he peels off the turquoise and white sweater which draws attention to his green eyes. He wears a week’s worth of scruff and admittedly I am drawn to his face. I can’t stop staring.
He sits next to another guy who is running his hand through his dark shaggy mane full of curls. He sports a nose ring and a mustache. I wonder what he is studying... or reading... or interested in.
Just when I was doubting if the Study of Humans was what I was meant to do, it’s not lost on me that the last 3 minutes reaffirm something to me which no institution could ever give or take away from me.
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
A Library Reminder
Posted by Biz at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment