While I sit here calmly at my desk on a temperate Utah day,
my mind runs duplicitously as though it were already a resident of the UK.
I watch this 65 degree overcast grey sky threatening to
shower and can see it two ways already.
It is a cool spring Utah day whose temperatures will rise again with the
return of the sun in the next day or so.
OR it’s a warm beautiful summer Scotland day whose sky has taken a
respite from drizzling her moisture down on us.
It’s an ordinary weekday in early May lost among the routine
of work, news, and life. OR it’s the
buzzing first Tuesday in May, 48 hours before a general election when countries’
emotions are running high, the incumbent Prime Minister campaigns nervously, the
challenging candidates crusade passionately, and the people consider cautiously
the potential of their great nation and leaders.
I fly in a holding pattern whose habitual monotony is broken
by the end of a workday. But in my head,
I think about a flat, next to a university, beside a park, below a castle, and
wonder what everyone else is doing.
My
soul is already a dual resident and it’s overly exhausting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment