Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fueling on Dreams

For as long as I can remember, I have been a dreamer. Both in the literal sense and in the idealistic sense.

To declare I am a romantic person would probably be one of the very largest understatements in this world. There are those days when I wake up feeling certain no one else on earth can feel like THIS. As stated in a previous blog, I feel confident my body just may explode with all of the emotion it’s consistently forced to contain.

As fate would have or probably the eternal plan of Deity, I have found myself in a position in life where I have nothing wretched to report and I have nothing encouraging sustaining me.

As a romantic, this may quite possibly be more tragic than either extreme. As a note, I have spent the past decade developing my more logical and rational side. This part of me is entirely blessed to be sitting in the position I sit in currently. There is peace in the mundane and heaven knows I appreciate the calm.

Lately, I’ve been completely concerned for my station in life. I feel as though I sit at a crossroads. I am deciding right now whether I choose to be average or whether I will step up, work hard, and strive to be exceptional. I have heretofore opted for distinctive.

However it seems as peeled as I have kept my eyes for opportunity or guidance, I frequently find myself at day’s end with minimal results for what feels like maximum effort.

I have consulted on high for aid. I have prayed to find solace from my own attacks… from the daily barrage I wage on myself for having little of what I desire in my life. I know there are few to blame and I am positioned number one in the rankings of responsibility for what is.

Nonetheless, I now express gratitude on high for what I deem only as a gift from the Divine.

Each night of late, as I have retired to bed, I have found myself waking up next morning from vivid dreams. Dreams full of detail. Dreams full of imagination. I have experienced wonderful fantasies. I have traveled to many places. And most importantly, I have found myself in company with many magnificent people.

My dreams have felt so authentic; I have been privileged to be left with the lingering feeling of satisfaction, as though I have actually experienced it.

Lest you question my mental state, rest peacefully knowing I am clearly aware of the lines in my life between reality and make-believe. Still again I feel appreciative for the endowment of such an active night life.

My gratitude stems from a necessary fact about me. I need dreams. Whether remarkable achievement in life or passionate desires of the heart, I need dreams.

These nights from this past month have been fueling my existence. As I assume my Maker is aware of this for me, I may only assume in my life also, these dreams to be a gift from Him.

I’m saddened to awake stated perfectly by Mr. Oscar Wilde.

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

0 comments: